Nashville Song Service Lyric Writing Contest rules and regulations:
1. Each entry must include:
A) Completed entry form or if mailed include original form or photocopy with your signature (PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY & NEATLY).
B) If mailed include lyric sheet typed or printed legibly (include English translation if applicable). Please include all writers and contact info on the lyric sheet. If submitted through our PayPal form please include lyrics and all writers and contact info in the "Paste Lyrics Here:" field.
C) If mailed send a Check or money order for $20.00 (US currency only) per song. If paying by credit card, $20.00 per song will be charged to your account. If paying by PayPal you can submit multiple lyrics by clicking the "Submit More Lyrics" button then click the "Submit" button after entering the your final lyrics to go to the PayPal payment page.
i) All entries must be postmarked (if mailed) or submitted and paid if using PayPal by....
ii) Overseas payment must be an International Money Order drawn on a US bank in US funds or credit card (Master Card or Visa only).
Mail all entries to:
Nashville Song Service
Attn: Lyric Writing Contest
PO Box 210831
Nashville, TN 37221-0831
2. All songs submitted must be original.
3. Contestants may enter as many songs in as many categories as desired but each entry requires a separate lyric sheet or form entry, and entry fee. One check for multiple entries is permitted. Entry fee is non-refundable. Nashville Song Service is not responsible for late, lost or damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen or misappropriated entries. No song previously recorded and released through national distribution in any country will be eligible. Songs may have multiple co-writers, but please designate only one name on the application.
4. This competition is open to all amateur and professional songwriters and anyone regardless of nationality or origin. Employees of Nashville Song Service, their families, subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible. This contest is open to lyrics only. Please do not enter tapes, CD's, or sheet music. Songs under contract by Nashville Song Service are not eligible for this contest. Lyric sheets will not be returned.
5. Winners will be selected by an expert panel of music industry judges including record label executives, publishers, and producers from Nashville. Songs are judged equally on originality, content, and structure. The decision of the judges is final and not open to dispute. Songs must be submitted in the English language. Prizes will be awarded jointly to all authors of any song. Division of prizes is responsibility of winners. Taxes are winners' responsibility. Entrants and their collaborators will retain full rights to all work submitted for the competition.
6. Winners will be notified by mail or phone and must sign and return an
affidavit confirming that winner's song is original and he/she holds rights to
the song. Failure to sign and return the form within 30 days will result in
immediate disqualification and an alternative winner will be selected. Entry
constitutes permission to use winners names, likeness and voices for future
publicity and advertising purposes without additional compensation. Winners will
be determined by... after which each entrant will receive a
winners list by email.
8. Grand prize winner must sign and return a co-writing or production agreement before master recording and promotion of the song can begin. Failure to sign the agreement will result in the forfeit of the master recording session and promotion of the song.
Grand Prize winner will receive $2000.00 cash, a master recording of their song valued at over $1000.00, a feature on the Nashville Song Service website, and the song promoted to the music industry.
7 category winners will receive $300.00 cash and be featured on the Nashville Song Service website.
10 honorable mentions will be listed on the Nashville Song Service website.
PLEASE MAKE COPIES OF THE APPLICATION FORM TO SUBMIT MORE ENTRIES! ENTER AS OFTEN AS YOU LIKE IN AS MANY CATEGORIES AS YOU WISH! THE SAME LYRIC CAN ONLY BE ENTERED INTO ONE CATEGORY. YOU MUST HAVE MULTIPLE LYRICS IN ORDER TO ENTER IN DIFFERENT CATEGORIES.
If you have any questions send an email to contest@NashvilleSongService.com